Blotter: Jan. 15

Mother and son arrested in connection with drug charges

The Evanston Police Special Operations Group executed a search warrant Thursday to arrest a mother and her son in connection with drug charges. The EPD, with assistance from officers of the Chicago Police Department, executed the warrant in the 7600 block of North Sheridan Road in Rogers Park. Officers arrested Lisa Terry, 45, and her son Maurice Terry, 22, both Chicago residents.

Police were alerted to the sale of illegal narcotics in Evanston and Rogers Park neighborhoods, and their investigation led them to obtain a search warrant, EPD Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. Police located 185 grams of cannabis, 5 grams of cocaine and 1 gram of heroin, Parrott said. Lisa Terry has been charged with five felonies and a misdemeanor, including two counts of unlawful possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Maurice Terry was charged with one felony and one misdemeanor.

Both are scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 6.

Police charge Evanston man in connection with shots fired and battery

Police arrested Lanord Miles, 20, and charged him with two counts of aggravated discharge of a firearm and one count of aggravated battery, EPD announced Monday.

Miles, an Evanston resident, was involved in an incident at 7 p.m. Saturday near the intersection of Dempster Street and Folwer Avenue. One individual, a 17-year-old Chicago resident, was allegedly struck in the head with a gun by Miles, Parrott said. Miles also shot at two Evanston residents.

Miles is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 30.

— Ciara McCarthy

View Jan. 15 in a larger map