This Week We’re Obsessed With: Winter beauty products

St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Mousse provides a natural and authentic-looking tanning effect.

The first snowflake has fallen, the temperature has dropped below 30 degrees, and Norbucks has changed to its holiday menu. Ready or not, winter is here. As one of the most joyful seasons filled with holiday food and family reunions, it is also one of the toughest seasons when it comes to beauty. With the icy, dry air, the brutal Chicago wind outdoors and the hot indoor atmosphere, you may find your skin, hair, hands and overall looks facing a new set of circumstances. We all know summer essentials do not help combat the winter chill. It is time to winterize your makeup bags and spice up the freezing days with these makeup, hair and skincare products.

Amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask

From hat hair to static electricity, split ends to dry frizz, when winter weather hits, a bad hair day can last an entire season. It’s time to give your hair a little love with a nourishing hair mask to hydrate. For me, the perfect winter hair product has to contain the essential fatty acids and humectants to moisturize hair and help attract moisture in the air without weighing my hair down. I found this product meets all my expectations and is appropriate for all hair types. It contains natural berries that have healing powers, and the product also contains an arsenal of antioxidants, vitamins and natural fatty acids.

Price: $40 at loveamika.com

The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask

You knew this one had to be on the list. One of the worst things about winter is how dry your skin gets. It is common sense body lotion is a must-have to keep skin hydrated. One product that can do the trick is The Body Shop’s Warming Mineral Mask. It contains rich amounts of ginger, cinnamon oil and kaolin clay for an exceptionally pampering experience and the ultimate protective effect.

Price: $17 at the bodyshop-usa.com

St. Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Mousse

Another must-have for winter in addition to moisture is color. Some people tend to be pale with inadequate exposure to sunlight. This is when you need to fake a glow. One thing about tanning in winter is you don’t want the skin to look too pasty, but hitting the tanning bed is not a wise choice. St. Tropez is one of my go-to companies for the best self-tanning products on the market. The Everyday Gradual Tan Mousse is perfect for the winter season. It builds up the color over time, which guarantees an authentic-looking, post-vacation skin color.

Price: $30 at sephora.com

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour

The best pal of tanning mousse is a shimmery pink blush that does wonders for your skin tone. Blush is essential in the winter to add a healthy glow. Even if you are more used to using bronzer, consider switching to blush for a few months. Laura Mercier’s Second Skin Cheeks Colour is reputable for its durability. You will look blushed and lit within, and the glow lasts throughout the day.

Price: $24 at sephora.com

Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm

Chapped and lifeless lips are one of the least attractive things ever, and unfortunately, it is extremely easy to get them in the winter. The best way to soothe tight lips is with a waxy balm that acts as a barrier to keep moisture in your pout. Rosebud’s salve is the do-all and be-all of moisturizing balms. The strawberry aroma is sweet and soothing and never fails to turn your lips from dry to kissable.

Price: $7 at sephora.com

Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick

Red lipstick is a timeless classic and it has its special charm in winter because it draws some much-needed color to the face. Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick lasts for hours. In addition to the look of a gloss, it also delivers the soothing qualities of a balm, which is why it makes its way to our list.

Price: $25 at lancome-usa.com