Here We Go Again: Quotes of the week

Annie Bruce, Reporter

“They try to figure out where I go when I go to film ‘X-Factor.’ They’re like, ‘Mommy’s going off to be a superhero.’ And then I get back, and they just see me as Mommy.” – Britney Spears, on what her two sons think when she leaves to work on “X-Factor” 

“We were constantly in fear of getting canceled. We actually had a guy come down every Friday to the set and he’d be like, ‘Ah man, this episode’s so great … You know this is the last episode, right? We’re not going to pick it up.’ And I was like, ‘Can I at least get these on DVD to show my mom?’… I get so emotional to think that we’re ending the show.” – John Krasinski, on the final season of NBC’s “The Office” 

“I’m kind of dating my first celebrity crush, so I feel pretty fortunate.” – Julianne Hough, on dating “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest 

“Just as much as it sucks to have tabloids writing about you, at the same time I had all these issues and I was able to raise awareness because I came out publicly with those issues. And then I have tons of fans that come up and tell me ‘Oh, I got help with my eating disorder … because you came out and said it.’”  Demi Lovato, on dealing with media attention after struggling with an eating disorder

“Seriously, though, a Gryffindor letting his mom carry his Quidditch broom? How Hufflepuff is that?”  – Phil Dunphy, played by Ty Burrell, on ABC’s “Modern Family

About the Writer
Annie Bruce, Arts & Entertainment Editor
Annie is a Medill senior studying journalism and political science. Her past positions at The Daily include editor of The Current, copy editor and campus reporter. The Arlington Heights, Illinois native is also involved with NU Nights and the Sheil Catholic Center. She previously worked for Fodors.com and Michigan Avenue magazine. You can reach Annie...