The Rundown: Week of Oct. 4

This week in the lives of the rich and famous…

Northwestern takes the 64th Annual Primetime Emmys by storm! In other words, two NU alumni were nominated and a whopping 50 percent of those alumni won awards this year. Julia Louis-Dreyfus was crowned champ for her unimaginable performance in the stress-inducing comedy “Veep.” Anna Gunn, we apologize, but your character Skyler White on the addictive drama series “Breaking Badis extremely unlikeable against an otherwise heartwarming and endearing bunch.

Ever wish your favorite TV series came in book form? Now you don’t have to! Lena Dunham, creator of HBO’s hit comedy “Girls,” has made a $1 million proposal for a collection of essays entitled Not That Kind of Girl.” Keep your eyes peeled for this one — we’ve heard she may be the voice of our generation … or at least a voice of a generation.

Apparently we aren’t the only ones who can’t stomach the estrogen-pumped jams of Justin Bieber. The 18-year-old pop star took Bieber Fever a little too literally last Saturday when he poured the contents of his troubled soul and stomach all over the stage. It’s a good thing most fans couldn’t tell the difference between the retching noise and this so-called music.

The Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center is all about crime and punishment— and dance. After doing a “Thriller” flash mob years ago, the prison recently made the first viral spoof of “Gangnam Style.” Other detention facilities should learn from these jailhouse rockstars.

How many naked pictures of the royal family need to be published before a million UK magazines no longer feel the need to take part in a vicious feeding frenzy? Just in case the rowdy ways of Prince Harry didn’t elicit enough bad publicity, Kate Middleton’s topless vacation photos are now floating around the web. As she tries desperately to sue the publications that released the photos, everyone in the world can already view them by perusing this new thing called the Internet.

This just in, the second and third installments of “The Hunger Games” may actually be well-written! Danny Strong, Emmy award-winning writer of the HBO movie “Game Change” has been signed onto the project. Following the trend set by cult series “Harry Potter” and theTwilight” saga , the adaptation of the final novel “Mockingjay” will be split into two parts. At least the dialogue should be less cringe-worthy than the forthcoming adaptation of Stephenie Meyer’s “Breaking Dawn.”

Johnny Lewis, the actor you either know from “Sons of Anarchy” or don’t know at all, was found dead last week after potentially murdering his 81-year-old landlord  in her Los Angeles home. How did the cast of “SOA” respond? By tweeting things like “RIP Johnny (half sack) Lewis #SOA.” Glad you found it in your heart to promote the show, lovely costars. Apparently, with great death comes great publicity.

Are you a straight male who doesn’t watch the show “New Girl” because it has “girl” in the title? Well this will get you racing to the TV in no time: Olivia Munn was unrealistically cast as Nick’s love-interest for the second season. Don’t worry, she will also be reprising her equally unrealistic but wildly well-written role as Sloan Sabbith on “The Newsroom.Calm down you pretentious HBO-users, this girl knows how to get around.

Taylor Swift commented on Tuesday she would like to have a minimum of four children. This news may have been quite the shocker to her 18-year-old boyfriend, Conor Kennedy. I’m pretty sure the world will fall out of orbit if Taylor Swift maintains more than a year-long relationship and we’re all deprived of the lyrical ingenuity that is “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”

The Rundown: Week of Oct. 4