Blotter: Week of July 15

Two Evanston teens engage in fight on Maple Avenue

Two Evanston teenagers were inflicted with minor wounds Saturday night after a fight in the 1400 block of Maple Ave. broke out.

A 17-year-old male and 16-year-old male suffered “superficial wounds,” said Evanston Police Department Spokesman Perry Polinski. The incident was reported after a birthday party at the Masonic Temple. The two Evanston residents were stabbed during the fight, which Polinski said occurred by the McGaw YMCA at 1000 Grove St. Polinski said the victims suffered minor injuries from the fight, but refused to cooperate with Evanston police.

“It’s still being investigated, but (we have) no suspect information,” Polinski said.

Car burglar takes $1,000 in items

A 21-year-old male reported a burglary in the 700 block of Church Street on Monday. Polinski said the Evanston resident went to work and his van was parked in the rear of the building. He said the burglar unlocked the rear door of the van, and stole a pair of work boots, a bag of tools, an ipod and a camera.

The total value of the items is estimated to be at about $1000 and the police have no suspect information, Polinski said.

Evanston resident charged with aggravated assault on Dodge Avenue

A 25-year-old male Evanston resident was charged with one count of aggravated assault Saturday at the 7-11 in the 800 block of Dodge Avenue.

A 22-year-old male Evanston resident had just gotten into his car in the parking lot when the arrestee approached him, Polinski said. The arrestee asked for a ride from the 22-year-old, which he refused. Polinski said, the arrestee then displayed a black handgun tucked into his waistband and asked again for a ride. After a second denial, Polinski said the 25-year-old pointed the handgun at the 22-year-old and asked a third time. The 22-year-old then went into the 7-11 and called the Evanston police. The police arrived and arrested the man, whose handgun turned out to be a toy.

– Stephanie Yang

View Week of July 15 in a larger map