All about the Dillo: A rundown of the acts coming to campus on Saturday

What do the musical stylings of Steve Aoki, Cold War Kids, Big Boi, Reel Big Fish and Kendrick Lamar have in common? Not a lot, but they will all be on campus Saturday for Mayfest’s annual day of music. Here’s a quick rundown of this year’s Dillo Day acts to get you pumped and ready for the party on the Lakefill. Steve Aoki The founder of Dim Mak Records and electro house DJ/producer Steve Aoki seems to be the most anticipated artist of this year’s Dillo Day. Earlier this year, Aoki released his first solo album, Wonderland, which features big name artists like Kid Cudi, Travis Barker, LMFAO, Lil Jon, and one of last year’s Dillo Day artists, Chiddy Bang. Aside from his remixes of other artists, he is known for his singles like “Turbulence” and “No Beef.” He often pops and sprays champagne and tosses a blow-up raft to his audience for crowd surfing. Aoki may not be the best DJ, but he is the best at making the crowd dance all night, all around the world. Cold War Kids Long Beach-based indie band Cold War Kids has released three studio albums so far. Since they released their hit single, “Hang Me Up to Dry,” their subsequent singles continued to make it into music charts in the United States, Belgium, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Their music is always rather serious and often has both philosophical and political messages. The frontman Nathan Willett’s deep resonating vocals are uniquely attractive and the band never fails to make the crowd sing along to its music. Big Boi Big Boi is a member of the Grammy-winning hip-hop duo Outkast, which he formed with high school buddy