Blotter: May 15

NU student arrested near The Keg

A McCormick junior was charged with disturbing the peace early Sunday morning near The Keg, at 800 Grove St. Evanston Police Department officers observed the 22-year-old man shouting “F you, F you, F you” to someone who was walking away from him, said EPD spokesman Cmdr. Jay Parrott. The subject became increasingly loud, so officers left their car and instructed the subject to lower his voice.

“He appeared to be intoxicated and the subject refused the officer’s instructions to be quiet and continued to be loud, unruly and disruptive,” Parrott said. “Therefore, he was taken into custody.”

The student is scheduled to appear in court June 19.

Man charged with solicitation near ETHS

A 38-year-old Chicago man was charged with solicitation of a sex act Saturday in the 1700 block of Darrow Ave., one block east of Evanston Township High School.

Police initially responded to a robbery call at 9:15 p.m., but when officers arrived on the scene, they determined that the man who called the police had made arrangement to pay for a sex act with an Evanston woman, Parrott said. Two Evanston men, both acquaintances of the woman, threatened the caller and allegedly took some of his property.

Police determined the two men had harmed the Chicago resident, so they were charged with aggravated assault. The female was charged with prostitution in connection with agreeing to commit a sex act for money. The Chicago resident was charged with solicitation of a sex act.

“It was kind of a poor judgment by the victim,” Parrott said.

– Audrey Cheng

View May 15 in a larger map