Between the sheets: My sexual bucket list

Sex in public is dicey, dirty and potentially illegal depending on where you are and who can hear you. But people do it anyway because there’s something undeniably attractive about getting it on in a traditionally nonsexual place. This endeavor is risky, but the element of scandal may be worth it to the most ambitious lovers. If you’re bored in the bedroom, throw off the covers and explore new territory. There’s a whole world out there, and humankind has probably fornicated on most of it. If you’re thinking about joining the ranks of sexual adventurers, here are six starter locations derived from experience, fantasy and hearsay. This is a sexual bucket list of sorts. I hope you find it inspiring or at least moderately entertaining. 1. Department store dressing room In an ideal world, free of grumpy store managers and teenage girls buying formal dresses, this could be a whole lot of fun. After a quick sweep through the “Undergarments” section of your local Kohl’s, grab your boo and slip into the fitting room. Go with the men’s one: It’s far less likely to be occupied. Throw that numbered piece of plastic on your door handle and get down to your skivvies. You’ve got new lingerie, four walls and a full-length mirror. What do you do? Doggie, of course. Have one partner lean forward, using the wall for support. Enjoy the view and hope no one walks in. Should this happen, just hush up and get out quick. Either way, you’ll go home with more than you came for. 2. Rooftop Dangerous? Yes. Worth the risk? Totally. Flat roofs are ideal, but sloped roofs are usable as long as you’ve got enough surface area and it isn’t too steep. Bring a sturdy comforter to avoid pain and a few pillows for post-coitus stargazing. The feeling of being high up in addition to a cool breeze and a night sky makes for enjoyable lovemaking. If you’re with a man, I recommend laying him flat and mounting him, with his head at the top of the slope. Ride him slowly facing away from the house (reverse cowgirl-style), but be careful not to apply pressure and drive him into the shingles. Positions of this sort will reduce the risk of rolling and ensure a heightened sensation for all. 3. Laundry room Fluorescent lighting, the scent of detergent and the hum of big, warm washing machines. What could be better? Laundry room sex in a dorm or apartment complex is recreational and functional. Once your clothing makes its way to the dryer, you’ve got at least 30 minutes of good, clean fun. The warmth and vibration of the dryer should enhance the experience, and if your heights line up then positioning should be a breeze. It’ll be loads of fun, guaranteed. 4. Tent There’s no better place to embrace human nature than in actual nature. One tent. Two sleeping bags. Unlimited pleasure. Don’t try to go two in one bag: It’ll be constraining and too hot. Instead, both of you should lay on top of the bags and under a blanket or a sheet if needed. Zip the tent, unzip your pants and let the good times roll. The lantern light and the chirping crickets will provide sufficient ambiance, while the silhouettes on the tent’s walls will make excellent visuals. Just keep quiet. You don’t want to disturb passersby (or get arrested). Want to check this one off before you graduate? Try it while guarding the Rock. 5. IKEA Come on, who wouldn’t want free reign of the bedroom section with comfy mattresses galore? Think (500) Days of Summer, but hotter. 6. Car I know, it’s