Blotter: May 4

Jia You

Three arrested in connection with a display of a handgun

Police arrested three men Wednesday in connection with what could be gang-related activities, Evanston Police Department spokesman Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

Police responded to calls reporting a handgun sighting in the 2400 block of Lake Street and recovered a handgun magazine with bullets from a 23-year-old Chicago man, Parrott said.

Later they arrested a 23-year-old Des Plaines man in the 2000 block of Dodge Avenue in connection with threatening an Evanston resident with a handgun as part of the same incident.

Police also stopped a 32-year-old Skokie resident, who was allegedly involved in the incident, in his car in the 1600 block of Dodge Avenue. They arrested him in connection with fighting an officer.

Officers did not recover a handgun, Parrott said, adding that they are still searching for a fourth person in connection with the incident.

Police charged the Chicago man with possession of firearm ammunition without having a firearm owner identification card.

They charged the Des Plaines resident with aggravated assault and the third man with obstructing a police officer.

– Jia You

View May 4 in a larger map

About the Writer
Jia You, City Editor

Jia You was the City editor of The Daily. Her other past positions include assistant City editor. She is from Shenzhen, China, and has interned at the...