This Weekend on Campus/Diversions and Excursions

Event: Inspire Symposium Where: McCormick Tribune Forum, 1870 Campus Drive When: Saturday, May 5 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Head out to Inspire Media’s annual symposium to see “media meet global health.” The event will feature workshops, various mixed media projects and the premiere of the student documentary and Inspire grant recipient, Hospital Rwanda. The keynote speaker is Yale professor Jonathan Smith, an epidemiologist and filmmaker whose recent documentary focuses on HIV and tuberculosis in Africa. Event: Greekscene: Frat Edition Where: Ryan Auditorium, Technological Institute, 2145 Sheridan Road When: Saturday, May 5 at 8 p.m. Cost: $5

See the brothers of four National Pan-Hellenic fraternities battle it out in this annual step show competition. Comedian Donnell Rawlings of “Chappelle’s Show” is sure to bring the laughs as the night’s emcee. Practice your own moves at the after party in Norris for an extra $5. Event: Fusion Laboratory Where: Fisk Hall 217, 1845 Sheridan Road When: Friday, May 4 at 11 p.m., Saturday, May 5 at 8 p.m. & 11 p.m. Cost: $5

Experience one of the hottest hip-hop dance performances this spring at Fusion Dance Company’s ninth annual show. Event: KASA Show: KASAir Where: Ryan Auditorium, Technological Institute, 2145 Sheridan Road When: Saturday, May 4 at 8 p.m. Cost: $5 for students, $7 for general public

The Korean American Student Association hosts its annual culture show. The night features skits and performances by professional and student organizations. Buy your tickets for the show at Norris! Iman Childs

Diversions and Excursions

Evanston

Event: Sunset Paddle Where: Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd. When: Sunday, May 6 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Join Evanston residents for a relaxing canoe ride along the North Shore Channel. Enjoy the sights and sounds of nature, and even try to identify the canal’s local inhabitants. Contact the Ecology Center to make your reservation. Chicago Event: Chicago Natural Beauty Expo Where: Zhou B Art Center, 1029 W. 35th St. When: Sunday, May 6 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Cost: $15 Wishing to be your own hair and beauty expert? Then catch this expo and have your questions answered by Titi and Miko, the founders of Miss Jessie’s, a natural hair-care product line. Attending guests will also receive free samples of the products.Iman Childs