The Week That Was/This Week NU Students Were NOT

The Week That Was

Die Fledermaus

The Bienen School of Music presented Johann Strauss Jr.’s operetta Thursday through Sunday at Cahn Auditorium. The production was enriched with guest soprano singer Amber Wagner, and of course the talented voices of Bienen students.. The next opera performance at NU, “Putting Ives in Context” is coming up March 7.

“Danceworks 2012

Some School of Communication students performed Friday during “Danceworks 2012.” Under the artistic direction of Annie Beserra, the students danced combinations of modern, jazz, hip-hop and ballet choreographed by dance faculty. The performance runs until March 4 at the Louis Theater, and tickets are $5 for full-time students with advance purchase.

ASG/DM Food Truck Festival

Associated Student Government and Dance Marathon held a food truck festival Sunday in the Blomquist Recreation Centerparking lot. The food truck festival was very successful, bringing in food trucks from all over Chicago. Fifteen percent of each purchase was donated to Dance Marathon’s cause.

Winter Dance with Bopology and Tranky Doo Workshop

With Dance Marathon this weekend, students and faculty crowded into the Louis Room of Norris and danced off their winter blues at the NSDS Winter Quarter Social with Bopology on Sunday. This band played familiar dance tunes while dance instructors taught the dance “Tranky Doo.”

Katy Kim

This Week NU Students Were NOT:

• Sure whether Jennifer Lopez had a wardrobe malfunction at the Oscars (the jury’s still out)

• Excited to get started on all of those cover letters for internship applications

• Planning Dance Marathon pregames

• Sad that spring break is approaching

Celia Skaggs