The Rundown

Last weekend was a great time to be a New Yorker. The New York Giants won the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots in a close game. Madonna put on a spectacular halftime show with an awesome stage decked out with special effects, gladiators, a marching band and appearances by Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. (who randomly flipped the bird), Cee Lo Green and LMFAO. She even launched the popularity of the sport slacklining by featuring a performer with an uncanny resemblance to Will Ferrell. Despite this, her performance was a bit stiff; the most entertaining portion was Cee Lo’s appearance in a sparkly choir robe for “Like A Prayer.” Hey Madge, next time, don’t try so hard to outdo Lady Gaga.

Nicki Minaj’s video for her new single “Stupid Hoe” was banned from BET for its explicit content. Word to the wise: don’t release songs that are mostly composed of curses. How am I supposed to enjoy a song when every other word is bleeped out on the radio?

Don Cornelius, creator and longtime host of “Soul Train,” was found dead in his home last week. The 75-year-old’s death, which was caused by a gunshot to the head, was ruled a suicide.

Daniel Radcliffe revealed that he was drunk during some scenes in the Harry Potter movies. Oh, Daniel. No one wants to hear that you were drunk in movies that defined our childhood. But now that I think about it, maybe that explains his lifeless acting.

Demi Moore checked into a rehab facility in Utah. She was recently hospitalized after possibly smoking the “legal” hallucinogen, salvia, in front of her daughter. Now that’s what I call good parenting!

Iman Childs

The Rundown