Blotter: Nov. 15

Des Plaines resident involved in fight, stabbing

A fight on the 1900 block of Jackson Avenue led to the stabbing of an 18-year-old Des Plaines resident Friday afternoon, Evanston Police Department Cmdr. James Elliott said.

Police arrived on the scene after someone reported a fight. Other than being told of a woman in the hospital, police did not receive any information from witnesses, Elliott said.

Someone in the fight stabbed the Des Plaines woman in her upper-left arm. Elliott said the wound was not fatal.

After interviewing the woman, police said she did not want to pursue the incident. Elliott added the woman declined to answer additional questions from the police and to have her wound photographed.

Elliott said the case is closed.

After argument with ex-girlfriend, Chicago man punches Evanston resident

A Chicago resident punched an 18-year-old Evanston resident in the nose after an argument near the 1800 block of Maple Avenue on Friday evening, Elliott said.

After the 18-year-old took his girlfriend to a movie, the two headed back to his car parked in a nearby garage. Before getting in, the 22-year-old ex-boyfriend of the man’s girlfriend approached them.

The girlfriend and ex-boyfriend began arguing in Polish, and police said the 18-year-old was not sure what they were discussing.

The Chicago man then approached the 18-year-old and asked him if he knew who he was.

When the 18-year-old said they never met, the ex-boyfriend punched him in the nose, Elliott said.

Although the injury was not serious, the Evanston resident’s nose was bleeding, Elliott said.

The 18-year-old drove off and reported the incident to police near 1865 Sherman Avenue.

Elliott said the Evanston resident will file a complaint if the ex-boyfriend is found.

Evanston resident beaten near Buffalo Joe’s

Two Evanston residents, a male and female, beat an 18-year-old woman near Buffalo Joe’s, 812 Clark St., on Friday afternoon, Elliott said.

The 18-year-old, an Evanston resident, notified nearby police a few hours after the incident. She told police two people she knew struck her several times, Elliott said.

The woman said one of the beaters threatened to fight her, and eventually both struck her from behind and forced her to the ground.

Elliott said the woman claims one of the beaters kicked her in the head, while another attempted to throw a brick at her but missed.

Once the woman prepared to use pepper spray, the beaters fled. Elliott said the woman had minor injuries to her nose, left eye and neck.

Elliott said the woman refused to seek medical attention.

– Tanner Maxwell

View Nov. 15 in a larger map

Blotter: Nov. 15