Updated: Mayfest announces Chiddy Bang, N.A.S.A. and Kill the Noise to perform at Dillo Day

Hip-hop duo Chiddy Bang will perform alongside The New Pornographers and B.o.B in this year’s Dillo Day lineup May 28.

The Philadelphia-based group, comprised of emcee Chiddy and DJ/producer Xaphoon Jones, released their debut EP, The Preview, in 2010 and their debut album, Breakfast, will be released this year.

Mayfest announced the rising hip-hop act will be featured in the Dillo Day lineup at the second night of Battle of the Bands. Mayfest Co-Chair Chase Jackson said the act was excited to play at the annual NU festival and wanted to add to the event.

“They’re a really exciting hip-hop act,” the Weinberg junior said. “They do a lot of fun stuff, they bring a lot to the stage … obviously a lot of energy.”

Jackson added that Chiddy Bang will also provide variety to the entire festival.

“It definitely appeals to a different audience than B.o.B,” he said. “Our goal is to always hit as many students as possible.”

Mayfest also announced whysowhite as the winner of Battle of the Bands on Friday night.

On May 23, Mayfest also announced two DJs, N.A.S.A. and Kill the Noise, will be part of the Dillo Day line-up as well.

Bienen junior Zach Robinson, Mayfest’s director of concerts, wrote in an email that N.A.S.A. is “known for their hip-hop influenced electronica and unlikely collaborations (everyone from Kanye West to Tom Waits).”

Robinson also wrote Kill the Noise “is an up and coming electro-house DJ whose heavy production and unique twist on the electro genre has garnered him much attention in the past year.” Kill the Noise is based in Los Angeles.