Tickets to Aziz Ansari show sell out in about two hours

Tickets for A&O Productions’ Winter Speaker event featuring Aziz Ansari sold out in about two hours Friday morning, a representative for A&O said.

The group released more than 900 tickets. The show, co-sponsored by the South Asian Student Alliance and the Muslim-cultural Students Association, will feature the star from NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.” Ansari will perform Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Pick-Staiger Concert Hall.

“From the feedback we got from students when we announced the speaker, we were definitely expecting this to be a popular show,” said Elsa Stahura, the co-director of promotions and public relations for A&O.

Tickets were open exclusively to undergraduates Friday. Norris Box Office, which handles campus ticket sales, congratulated A&O in a Twitter post Friday afternoon that also stated, “Hope you got one while they were still available.”

The group also sold out tickets to last year’s Winter Speaker, Tracy Morgan, and more recently tickets for the Fall Blowout concert featuring hip hop artists Snoop Dogg and Kid Cudi. That show, according to A&O representatives, may have sold the most tickets ever for the organization.

“On one side, we’re doing part of our job right in that we’re bringing acts that students want to see,” Stahura said, adding that the organization would prefer if all students hoping to get tickets for a show would be able to do so.

A&O may release more tickets later in the week, she said.