Blotter 1/11: Man shot in foot; items stolen across town

Man shot in foot, robbed in Evanston

A man was shot in the foot after being attacked by three men Saturday at 12:25 a.m. on the 1800 block of Brown Avenue, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jason Parrott said.

Two people were approached by three men, one of whom was armed with a handgun, Parrott said. The men ordered the victims to the ground and went through their pockets, taking their wallets and money. The armed man then fired two shots in the direction of the victims. The victims fled and one discovered he had been shot in the foot. Police responded to the report at Evanston Hospital 45 minutes after the incident, and the victim was discharged. Police have no suspects.

Woman steals from Urban Outfitters, boards train

A woman stole items from Urban Outfitters, 921 Church Street, Sunday, Parrott said.

The woman triggered the door alarm when she left the store at 2:50 p.m., the store manager said.

The manager was unable to stop the woman, who quickly boarded a train, Parrott said. It is unclear what items the woman took.

Wallet stolen at Jewel-Osco

Somebody stole a shopper’s wallet in the Howard Street Jewel-Osco on Thursday, Parrott said.

The shopper said somebody stole her wallet from her purse while two men distracted her by approaching her mother’s wheelchair.

She reported the incident several hours later after noticing her wallet was missing, he said. There are no suspects, but detectives are following up on the report because the store’s security cameras likely recorded the incident, Parrott said.

Xbox stolen from residence, victim knew offender

Somebody stole an Xbox from a home on the 1800 block of Hovland Court on Jan. 4 after entering through an unlocked door, Parrott said. The incident was reported two days after it occurred because the victim knew the offender.

Police are investigating the burglary.