Blotter: Feb. 24

NU employee finds gas missing from University car after checking it Friday

An NU employee discovered gasoline was missing from the tank of an NU vehicle Monday evening, University Police said.

The employee, who works in the Bursar’s office, 619 Clark St., and is responsible for filling the vehicle with gas, noticed the vehicle had no gas cap and the vehicle’s fuel level was considerably less than it had been when last checked Friday morning, Deputy Chief Daniel McAleer said.

The employee had only driven the vehicle 55 miles since the tank was last filled, leaving little explanation as to where the gas went, police said.

Police directed the employee to contact authorities should any additional incidents occur, McAleer said.

NU student concerned after receiving phone calls from jilted ex-boyfriend

A female Northwestern student received threatening phone calls from her ex-boyfriend Monday, police said.

The student, a resident of South Mid-Quads Hall, 655 University Place, recently broke up with her boyfriend of a year-and-a-half, McAleer said.

The ex-boyfriend called the student threatening suicide and although he never threatened the student herself, she called the police just in case. The student’s ex-boyfriend lives in Kentucky and remained there last time he called, as far as the student knew, police said.

The student is advised to call police should she be contacted by her ex-boyfriend again, McAleer said.-GRACE JOHNSON

Blotter: Feb. 24