Blotter: Post-Halloween

Robber punches man, takes moneyAn unknown man struck and robbed a homeless man Friday night, police said.

The robber approached the victim, a homeless man in his 50s, on the 600 block of Davis Street at 10:48 p.m. Friday, said Evanston Police Cmdr. James Pickett. The robber told the man, “I’m gonna (expletive) you up,” before punching him in the face, reaching into his pocket and taking $40 to $50, police said.

The robber was also in possession of a long steak knife, Pickett said. He fled down a west alley on Chicago Avenue.

The victim, who was bleeding from his nose and mouth, was taken to Evanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave., Pickett said.

The victim told police he met the robber several days before the robbery, but police do not know what their relationship was, Pickett said.

Police are still investigating.

Student spots suspicious teenagersA Northwestern student saw two suspicious people in the Theatre and Interpretation Center on Friday night, police said.

The student saw the two teenagers wandering backstage in the Center, 1949 Campus Drive, around 8:18 p.m., she later told police.

When she asked the teenagers if they needed help, they ran out of the building and fled north, University Police Deputy Chief Dan McAleer said.

The student told police the teenagers were both males who were 15 or 16 years old. One was wearing gray jeans and glasses, while the other was wearing dark clothing, an orange hat and a purple backpack.

Police searched the area but did not find anyone.

Student caught urinating on lawnPolice caught an NU student urinating outside on the 800 block of Gaffield Place on Saturday night, police said.

Police were patrolling the block when they saw a man urinating on the front lawn of 819 Gaffield Place at 11:37 p.m., McAleer said.

Police issued the student a ticket for public urination.

Burglar takes computers, checkbookAn unknown person broke into and burglarized an apartment on Sherman Avenue early Sunday morning, police said.

Two residents of 2016 ½ Sherman Ave. left the apartment around midnight, Pickett said.

When another resident returned to the apartment around 2:45 a.m., the front and rear doors of the apartment were open and the windows were smashed.

The burglar took four laptop computers and a checkbook, Pickett said.

Police are still investigating.

– Katie Park