Paint thE-Town: The DAILY’S guide to weekends

Book reading at Evanston Public Library

1703 Orrington Ave.

(847) 866-0300

March 4, 2 p.m.

Free admission

Everything Americans think about the assassination of President John Kennedy could be false, according to authors John Hughes and Antoinette Giancana, who will be speaking Saturday.

Hughes and Giancana, daughter of Mafia Chief Sam Giancana, will lecture at the Evanston Public Library Saturday afternoon about their book, “JFK and Sam: The Connection Between the Giancana and Kennedy Assassinations.” It’s based on the premise that Sam Giancana ordered Kennedy’s assassination.

Laura Dudnik, head of reader services for the library, said the book follows the assassination team’s path and chronicles the team leader’s life. Hughes provides support for the assassin’s story by using Kennedy’s medical data to show what could have happened, Dudnik said.

“It basically says that Lee Harvey Oswald was just the fall guy,” Dudnik said. “It’s a topic that’s perennially interesting to people.”

Deep Blue Organ Trio

Pete Miller’s

1557 Sherman Ave.

(847) 328-0399

March 3 and 4

No cover charge, no minimum

Deep Blue Organ Trio joins the nightly jazz repertoire of Pete Miller’s after the release of their debut album, “Deep Blue Bruise.”

The group, formed in 1992, consists of guitarist Bobby Broom, drummer Greg Rockingham and organist Chris Foreman, according to the group’s Web site. Deep Blue Organ Trio strives to translate the black American experience through a mix of blues and jazz, proclaiming in their biography that “blues is the preacher, jazz is the teacher.”

Reach Kristyn Schiavone at [email protected].