DM board announces co-chairs for next year’s event

Weinberg junior Dave Nacol and Medill junior Michelle Madigan, two DM executive board members, were announced Monday as co-chairmen for Dance Marathon 2002.

“We’re both really excited for next year,” Nacol said. “We really want DM in 2002 to be exciting and expansive, uniting the NU campus through philanthropy.”

Madigan shared her co-chair’s enthusiasm.

“I’m still getting over the excitement,” Madigan said. “I’ve dreamed of this ever since my freshman year.

“Dance Marathon is an amazing organization,” she said. “I’m thrilled and honored to hold this position because my involvement with DM has been so positive.”

Nacol served as the outreach co-chairman and Madigan was the alumni relations co-chairwoman for Dance Marathon 2001.

Madigan said it was too early to speculate on official changes in next year’s DM, but her ideas include expanding the alumni relations efforts, improving public relations and involving more of the community in DM.

“I’m very confident about them,” said outgoing DM co-chairman Matt MacDonald, an Education senior. “They both have great DM experience and they’re very qualified for the positions.”

MacDonald said the two were chosen for their “leadership and vision for the future and for their excitement (about) DM.”

Nacol and Madigan will spend the next few weeks filling out the rest of the executive board and then selecting the charity beneficiary of next year’s Dance Marathon.