Blotter: Retail theft reported from Gigi Bottega

Amelia Langas, Development & Recruitment Editor

Evanston Police Department officers responded to a call regarding a theft at Gigi Bottega in the 600 block of Davis Street at 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday.

The 35-year-old store manager, an Evanston resident, reported the incident, said Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew. At the scene, officers spoke to the manager who said a woman had been rummaging through display items near the front of the store.

After the woman left, the manager said she saw an empty hanger and determined a pair of black leggings valued at $64 were missing. The manager said the woman had not paid for anything before leaving the store and had walked east on Davis Street.

The manager told officers that the same woman may have taken items from the store in the past, and that she would sign complaints if the woman was located. EPD is currently investigating.

Man arrested in connection with battery incident

A 55-year-old Chicago resident was arrested Wednesday in connection with an incident of battery that occured on Oct. 13.

The initial incident took place in the 1700 block of Maple Avenue at Cinemark Century Theatres at about 1:23 p.m. on that date. A 44-year-old woman was watching a movie with a group of friends when the 55-year-old man chastised them for talking loudly, Glew said.

A juvenile became involved in the verbal altercation, and the man made a gesture at the juvenile, hitting them in the face with his hand. The 44-year-old woman swung her purse at the man to protect the juvenile, and theater security then separated all three parties.

The woman told responding officers that she wanted to sign complaints with an intent to follow up.

Twitter: @amelialangas