Three-year-old Laszlo Harris chows down on a pickle from one of the trucks while listening to the live music. (David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer)
Three-year-old Laszlo Harris chows down on a pickle from one of the trucks while listening to the live music.

David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer

Locals line up for chow at the annual Food Truck Fest and Starlight Concert

July 15, 2016

Welcome to The Daily’s photo blog: Captured. This will be a space to share photos by The Daily’s staff as well as photos from members of our community. Students can submit entries to be considered from their classes, vacation or just from around NU by emailing [email protected].

Community members eat a variety of foods in Brummel Park, where 10 food trucks lined up Tuesday night for the annual Food Truck Fest and Starlight Concert.
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
“I wish the nation could see this park tonight,” said Ellen Alexander (left) an Evanston resident. “It shows that a warm, sharing community is still possible.”
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
Locals wait in line for food from Grill Chasers, a truck known for its grilled chicken and spicy dipping sauces.
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
Evanston residents Bobby (left) and Shannon Lang enjoy food from Piko Street Kitchen, Tamale Spaceship and Grill Chasers. “We first learned about (the event) through friends, so now when anyone hears that it’s coming up we all email each other,” Shannon Lang said. “We love it; it’s food, music and community.”
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
Evanston police officer Enjoli Daley speaks to community members. Daley said she had yet to scope out the scene, but looked forward to eating a lobster roll from the Happy Lobster Truck once the line died down.
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
An assortment of food from three of the 10 trucks that lined up near Brummel Park.
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
Alderman Ann Rainey (8th), whose ward encompases Brummel Park, said the Food Truck Fest was the best attended event the park had ever seen.
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer
Members from Chicago R&B band, R-Gang, play to an audience of more than 200 people. The band — which specializes in R&B, funk and soul from the Motown era — played live for about 90 minutes.
David Fishman/Daily Senior Staffer

The Daily Northwestern > Captured