Police Blotter: Evanston resident assaulted on south Evanston street

Juliet Freudman, Reporter

An Evanston resident was assaulted during an attempted robbery Sunday morning in south Evanston.

The 32-year-old man reported that he was walking in the 300 block of Howard Street at about 3:40 a.m. when a man dressed in all black, appearing to be about 40 years old, approached him and asked for his belongings, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. When the man refused, the other struck him with an unknown metal object, Dugan said. The man dressed in black fled westbound on foot without taking any of the man’s things, Dugan said.

The Evanston resident took himself to St. Francis Hospital, where he reported the attack and was treated for cuts on his upper lip, left ear and back of the head, Dugan said.

Two laptops stolen from central Evanston apartment

Two 21-year-old men reported early Saturday morning a burglary to their home in central Evanston.

The men reported that some time between Friday at about 6:30 p.m. and Saturday at about 1 a.m., someone entered their third-floor residence in the 2000 block of Ridge Avenue through an unlocked door, Dugan said. The burglar proceeded to steal two MacBook Pro laptops and a black L.L.Bean backpack, Dugan said. The computers are valued at about $1,000 each and the backpack was worth about $50.

Twitter: @girlwhojumped