Police Blotter: Man arrested after confrontation with teenagers

Evelyn Metric, Reporter

A 29-year-old Skokie man was arrested Wednesday afternoon in connection with a confrontation with four teenagers that caused them to call the police.

The man confronted the teenagers in the 700 block of Church Street, accusing them of recording him, said Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan. The teenagers said the man made a comment about shooting them, Dugan said.

The teens then encountered the man again in the 1700 block of Orrington Avenue near Burger King. They said he exited his vehicle and pulled a bag from the car, Dugan said. The teenagers said they believed he had a gun, so they fled and called the police.

Police found the man near the intersection of Sherman Avenue and Davis Street and discovered no gun or weapon. He was charged with four counts of disorderly conduct and is scheduled to appear in court June 13, Dugan said.

House burglarized in west Evanston

Several items were stolen from a house in west Evanston Tuesday afternoon.

The 38-year-old owner of the home in the 2100 block of Darrow Avenue left her house at about 11:30 a.m. and returned at about 3 p.m., Dugan said. When she returned, she found her front window — which had been left unlocked — open, Dugan added.

Numerous items were stolen including an Xbox One, valued at $300; two Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablets, valued at $120 each; and a 32-inch Sony flat screen television, valued at $300, Dugan said.

Twitter: @EvelynMetric