Police Blotter: Man charged with DUI, marijuana possession

Joanne Lee, Reporter

A 22-year-old man was arrested Thursday night in connection with driving under the influence.

Police stopped the man in the 600 block of Dempster Street at about 11 p.m. for not wearing a seatbelt while driving, said Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan. Police said the man had bloodshot eyes and dilated pupils and smelled strongly of marijuana, Dugan said.

Police arrested the man after conducting a field sobriety test and subsequently found about 2.5 grams of marijuana in the center console of the car, he said.

The Skokie man was charged with two misdemeanors for driving under the influence and possession of marijuana. He was also issued three tickets in connection with failure to wear a seatbelt, not having a driver’s license while driving and not wearing prescription glasses while driving.

He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 10.

Man charged with spitting at police officers

A 52-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night in connection with spitting at a woman on the street and later at police officers.

The man, who police said is homeless, was arrested in the 900 block of Davis Street at about 5:45 p.m. for spitting on an unidentified female and kicking her bag onto the street, Dugan said. When the man was brought into the police station, the man began spitting at officers in the station and police used a taser to restrain him.

The man was charged with two counts of aggravated battery to police officers and one count of simple battery. He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 10.

Twitter: @leehjoanne