Evanston Community Foundation names new president

Julia Jacobs, City Editor

On Monday, The Evanston Community Foundation named its new president and CEO, who will take over next month.

Monique Brunson Jones, currently the director of programs at the Chicago Foundation for Women, will begin leading ECF starting Nov. 2. ECF’s current president and CEO Sara Schastok announced in March she would retire at the end of the year after 15 years at the organization’s helm.

ECF, which provides grants to local organizations, has been Northwestern Dance Marathon’s secondary beneficiary for the past 18 years. The organization is also DM’s secondary beneficiary again this year.

“Monique brings the right combination of experience, skills and passion to lead the Foundation into its next exciting period of growth and development,” ECF board chair Mike Brody said in a news release.

At CFW, Jones led a 14-person staff and managed the organization’s $2.5 million grant program. Previously, Jones served as director of the Office of Violence Prevention in the Cook County Department of Health as well as worked at the Jane Addams Hull House Association.

Jones, a clinical therapist, received a certificate in nonprofit finance from the Kellogg School of Management. She is also member of the Woman’s Club of Evanston as well as the Evanston Chapter of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.

“I am humbled and excited to lead the ECF team and engage the Evanston community in the next phase of growth,” Jones said in the release.

Twitter: @juliarebeccaj