ETHS announces ACT scores at all-time high

Daily file photo by Adnaan Zaffer

Evanston Township High School’s class of 2015 achieved a composite ACT score of 23.9, the highest in the school’s history.

Marissa Page, Assistant City Editor

Evanston Township High School announced Wednesday the highest ACT scores in the school’s history.

The class of 2015 had all-time high scores in each of the four components of the test: English, math, reading and science. The composite score, which takes the average of the four subset scores, was 23.9, also the highest in ETHS history, the school announced. The ACT is scored on a scale of 1 to 36.

The average ACT composite score in Illinois is 20.7, just below the national composite average of 21.

“I am so proud of our students for their commitment to learning, for their notable achievements,” District 202 superintendent Eric Witherspoon said in a news release. “I am so thankful for our teachers and staff who have high expectations for all our students and who support all students in getting an outstanding ETHS education.”

ETHS last posted all-time high scores in 2009 and 2010, when the average composite score for newly-graduated seniors was 23.5.

Twitter: @marissahpage