Police Blotter: Man stabbed during armed robbery

Julia Jacobs, Summer Editor

A 26-year-old man was cut in the arm Thursday afternoon in south Evanston after resisting a robbery.

The Evanston resident was walking through an alley after parking his car in the 500 block of Main Street at about 4:45 p.m.when a man with a knife approached him and demanded his wallet, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. The man handed over his wallet — which contained $40 — but after he struggled to keep his backpack, the robber used a knife to slash him in his right forearm, Dugan said.

The robber, who was described as a bald man in his 20s, then fled the scene on foot.

The injured man went to Evanston Hospital, where his injury was treated with stitches, Dugan said.

Man robbed of Xbox in central Evanston

A 22-year-old man who was robbed Friday night in central Evanston by three men told police he heard one of the men cocking a gun, Dugan said.

The Evanston resident was walking home at about 9 p.m. in the 1700 block of Simpson Street when three men approached him, he said. The men took his red and black backpack containing an Xbox video game system, including a video game and controller.

The resident said he heard one of the men sliding the rack of a gun but did not see a weapon. The men then fled on foot, Dugan added.

Car stolen in south Evanston

A car was stolen last week from a garage in south Evanston.

The owner told police he parked the 2014 Acura RDX in his garage in the 200 block of Grey Avenue on Tuesday at 2 p.m., then returned Wednesday at 9 a.m. to find it missing, Dugan said. The 29-year-old resident said he left a spare set of keys inside the garage.

Twitter: @juliarebeccaj