Police Blotter: May 5

Paige Leskin, Managing Editor

Woman attacked Friday night in Evanston

A Chicago woman told police that two men she knew hit and kicked her Friday night, officials said.

The 23-year-old woman went to Evanston Police Department’s headquarters, 1454 Elmwood Ave., on Friday night to report the incident, police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Although she refused medical treatment, she displayed scrapes on her left elbow and knee, Dugan said.

The woman had accompanied her male cousin earlier that night while he made a work delivery in the 2400 block of Main Street, police said. Two men — ages 19 and 23 — who the woman knew, were at the parking lot when they arrived, Dugan said.

The 19-year-old man approached the woman and slapped her, police said. After she slapped him back, he threw her to the ground, and then both men kicked her in the stomach and ribs, Dugan said.

The woman provided the names of the two men to detectives, and they are investigating the incident, Dugan said.

Man kicked, punched by group of men

Around 10 men attacked a man at a gathering in Evanston on Sunday, police said.

Police responded to the 1000 block of Dodge Avenue on Sunday to meet with a man who reported he had been attacked, Dugan said. The man attended a gathering in the 1500 block of Fowler Avenue a little after midnight Sunday, and was kicked and punched by a group of around 10 men, police said.

The man lost consciousness during the attack and suffered scratches and a “bloody bump” on his head, Dugan said.

The man knew one of the men who attacked him by nickname and police are following up on the incident, police said.

Twitter: @paigeleskin