Police Blotter: March 3

Julian Gerez, Reporter

Chicago man arrested in connection with attempted defacement

A 20-year-old Chicago man was arrested near the Evanston-Wilmette border in connection with possession of spray paint with intent to deface on Friday afternoon, police said.

Police were dispatched to the 2600 block of Bryant Avenue after receiving a call that there were four men going underneath the Chicago Transit Authority tracks by the Canal Shores Golf Course, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said.

Following footprints in the snow, police discovered the 20-year-old man using a can of red spray paint on the concrete structure of the CTA tracks and arrested him, Dugan said. The other three men fled the scene northbound, he added.

The 20-year-old was charged with violation of a city ordinance and is scheduled to appear in court April 13, police said.

Two cars’ tires damaged in the same intersection

The tires of two cars parked in the same intersection near downtown Evanston were punctured overnight and discovered Saturday morning, police said.

One of the damaged cars, a 2008 Ford, had both tires on the driver’s side of the vehicle damaged, Dugan said. The owner of the car is a 22-year-old Evanston resident. The second car, a 2011 Toyota, is owned by a 21-year-old woman from Cincinnati, Ohio, who is friends with the owner of the Ford and was visiting Evanston, Dugan added. The Toyota had its driver’s side rear tire punctured.

Both cars were parked on the intersection of Lake Street and Judson Avenue overnight Friday.

Twitter: @JulianEGerez