Police Blotter: Oct. 20

Marissa Mizroch, Reporter

Highland Park woman arrested in connection with prostitution

An employee at an Evanston massage parlor was arrested Thursday in connection with prostitution, police said.

Police received reports of possible sex acts in exchange for money at a massage parlor in the 1300 block of Sherman Avenue, Evanston police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. As a result, a special operations group conducted an investigation and sent in an undercover officer, he said.

The officer was propositioned for a sex act in exchange for money during the course of the massage, Parrott said. The Highland Park woman, 48, was taken into custody at about 4 p.m. and charged with misdemeanor prostitution, he said.

Detectives will continue an investigation into the business, Parrott said.

Man arrested in connection with aggravated assault

A Chicago man was arrested Wednesday in connection with an aggravated assault, police said.

The Chicago resident approached a 49-year-old man in the 1500 block of Sherman Avenue at about 10:30 p.m. on  Wednesday, Parrott said. The men, who knew each other, got into a verbal argument, Parrott said.

The Chicago man then pulled out a knife and pointed it toward the man’s head, police said.

Police arrested the 41-year-old man at the scene and recovered a folding knife from him, Parrott said.

An independent witness verified the account of the man who was attacked, police said. The attacker was charged with misdemeanor aggravated assault.

Twitter: @MarissaMizroch