Blotter: April 25

Ciara McCarthy, Managing Editor

Burglars steal from west Evanston home

Burglars stole numerous household items from a house in west Evanston on Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Police responded to a burglar alarm from a home in the 1800 block of Lemar Avenue at about 1 p.m. Tuesday, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. Officers observed a window on the first floor that was open and the resident, a 36-year-old woman, reported televisions, laptops, a lawnmower, a snow blower, jewelry and two DVD players missing. Police recovered some of the stolen goods, including two laptops and two televisions, a few blocks away near a residence in the 2300 block of Foster Street, Parrott said.

Neighbors observed two teenagers wearing dark clothing running away from the house around the time of the burglary, police said.

Police charge Wilmette woman with driving under the influence

Police arrested a Wilmette woman Wednesday in connection with driving under the influence.

Officers on routine patrol observed a car traveling north on Ridge Avenue, Parrott said. Officers smelled a strong odor of alcohol from the breath of the woman, 55, after they pulled her over, Parrott said. They performed a sobriety test and then took the woman into custody, Parrott said. At the Evanston Police Department station, the woman took a breathalyzer test and her blood alcohol content was determined to be above the legal limit.

She is scheduled to appear in court May 29.

Twitter: @mccarthy_ciara