The Rundown: Week of Sept. 29

Kanye West throws a Twitter tantrum over Jimmy Kimmel

Last week, Kanye West reinforced his position as king of unnecessary Twitter rants with a string of profane tweets directed at Jimmy Kimmel. Kimmel spoofed a recent West interview by replacing the rapper with a child actor, and West responded (in all caps) with Twitter gems like “YOUR FACE LOOKS CRAZY” and “SHOULD I DO A SPOOF ABOUT YOUR FACE OR YOU F—ING BEN AFFLECK… #NODISRESPECTTOBENAFFLECK #ALLDISRESPECTTOJIMMYKIMMEL!!!!” Here’s hoping they cast Kanye as the Robin to Affleck’s Batman. Hearing Robin say, “Holy Yeezus, Batman!” would be well worth the price of admission.

Bill Nye eliminated from ‘DWTS’

Tragically, Bill Nye was kicked off “Dancing With The Stars” in week three. He performed a jazz routine to “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk, but thanks to a knee injury, the Science Guy was limited to a stiff robot and failed to impress the judges. Still, his awkward movements and perpetual bow tie reminded us he still has a place in our hearts, the same place he has held since we first met him in elementary school. This elimination marks the only time Snooki will ever beat Nye in anything… ever. 

Jeff Daniels, Jim Carrey prep for ‘Dumb and Dumber’ sequel

Fresh off his recent Emmy win for “The Newsroom,” Jeff Daniels tweeted an in-character selfie with co-star Jim Carrey for the sequel to “Dumb and Dumber.” Daniels promises the original film “pales in comparison” to the sequel, but no word yet on whether the new movie will include him yelling obscenities at a Medill student. 

Taylor Swift cast in ‘The Giver’

Taylor Swift has landed a role in the upcoming movie adaptation of “The Giver” — you know, that dystopian young adult novel everyone had to read in sixth grade. The star-studded cast already features Meryl Streep, Katie Holmes and Jeff Bridges, but I vote they cast Kanye in this one, too: “I’mma let you finish, but ‘The Hunger Games’ is the best dystopian young adult novel of all time.”

— Devan Coggan

The Rundown: Week of Sept. 29