Updated: Subway to open in Norris

Subway is coming to Norris University Center this fall, Northwestern announced this afternoon.

The sandwich shop will open during Fall Quarter in Willie’s Food Court on the ground level of Norris, the University said. Its hours will be 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.

“We are looking forward to having one of the strongest retail brands in America, Subway, on campus at Northwestern,” Steve Mangan, resident district manager for nuCuisine, said in a news release. “It has a strong identity with value, quality, nutrition and wellness for our customers.”

Subway will take over the space previously occupied by Windy City Deli, nuSushi and Big Ten Cafe in the food court, according to NU. Those three vendors will be removed from the food court, but nuSushi products will still be available for purchase in Norris, said Eddie Skidmore, Sodexo area marketing coordinator.

Julie Payne-Kirchmeier, assistant vice president for student auxiliary services, said Norris is not done overhauling its dining options with the addition of Subway.

“Look for some enhancements and changes in the existing food concepts, as well as another possible addition to our retail offerings at Norris coming during the academic year,” she said in the news release.

The Subway in Norris will be the sandwich shop’s 11th location in Evanston.

— Patrick Svitek