Blotter: Nov. 11

Police arrest juvenile in aggravated robbery case

A juvenile riding his bike the evening of Oct. 25 was threatened with a gun and robbed by two acquaintances. Police arrested the acquaintance with the gun Wednesday, according to an Evanston Police Department news release.

On Oct. 25, the juvenile had been riding on the 2300 block of Emerson Street when two people he knew approached him and then backed him up against a parked car. One of the acquaintances pointed a gun at the juvenile’s side while the other took two lottery tickets out of his pockets.

One robber punched the juvenile in the face before they both fled the area, according to the news release.

EPD officers interviewed the juvenile, who gave officers information to arrest the teenager who threatened him with a gun, 17-year-old Savon Tremain Griffith. They arrested him Wednesday, and he was charged with one count of aggravated robbery.

Police are still looking for the second person involved in the Oct. 25 incident.

Car burglarized for $4

A 60-year-old woman whose vehicle was parked in the 400 block of Lake Street contacted EPD when she discovered her Lexus SUV had been illegally entered Wednesday.

She estimated $4 in change had been taken.

EPD Cmdr. Tom Guenther said there were no signs of forced entry to the vehicle and that police were “probably not going to follow up.”

– Susan Du

View Nov. 11 in a larger map