Student harrassed by unwelcome visitor

Student harrassed by unwelcome visitor

Officers responded to an off-campus residence Friday in reference to a report of harassment, University Police Deputy Chief Daniel McAleer said.

A female Northwestern student told police she was being harassed by a man she had met two years ago in her home country of Vietnam. She said the man had attempted to have a romantic relationship with her at the time and she had requested that he leave her alone.

The man contacted her by phone Friday at approximately 7:30 p.m., stating that he was at NU and wanted to meet with her. The student told him not to contact her again.

At about 9 p.m. the same evening, the man rang the student’s doorbell. The student called him at his cell phone and asked him to leave. She also requested that police speak to him. Police explained to the student’s male acquaintance he must not communicate with the student through any means whatsoever.

Underage drinker had been visiting NU student

Officers and fire paramedics responded to Ayers College of Commerce and Industry, 2324 Sheridan Road, early Saturday morning in reference to an intoxicated student, McAleer said.

At approximately 1:45 a.m., they met with a Community Assistant who said he saw a man stumbling and falling in the first-floor common area. The man was a guest of an NU student and not affiliated with the University. He is a resident of the local northern suburbs.

Police detected a strong odor of alcohol on the man and indicated he was intoxicated. The fire department contacted his parents and arranged for them to pick him up from the firehouse.

– Susan Du